- WordPress Development Tools Series
Learning web design and development is not easy, especially when you are a beginner and don’t know how to start. What you should learn first, where to find good resources to learn web design and development.
What You Will Learn
Web design and development is a vast topic and I think it is difficult to learn all the languages.
Go beyond lame blogging books with this step-by-step into nine proven systems to make money blogging
Front-end development Frameworks
CSS Frameworks are very popular tools to create a responsive website quickly and easily.
CSS Frameworks make development workflow really fast, simple and easy. Frontend development framework also is known as CSS frameworks.
Bootstrap will help you to create a fully responsive and mobile friendly website quickly and easily.
I use Bootstrap to create fully responsive themes and website and Bootstrap make it very simple and easy.
How To Become WordPress Developer
If you want to become a WordPress developer and want to create and sell WordPress plugins and themes, you need to learn some most important languages.
As a beginner, You should learn HTML and CSS. With a good understanding of HTML and CSS, You can edit any WordPress themes.
1. Free HTML, CSS, HTML5 and CSS3 online and PDF Books
HTML stand for HyperText markup language. HTML is the primary language to create web pages. With HTML tags and elements you define markup of your web pages.
With HTML tags, you define which text is a heading, which text is a paragraph and which text should be bold or italic.
- HTML at Mozilla Developer netwotk
- CSS at Mozilla Developer Network
- Learn to Code HTML & CSS
- Learn CSS Layout
- A Guide to HTML5 and CSS3
- VIDEO COurse – 30 Days to Learn HTML & CSS
2. Dive Into HTML5 Read Online
This book is written by MARK PILGRIM with contribution from the community. You can read complete book Online free. You can also buy ( print format ) titled HTML5: Up and Running by Mark Pilgrim.
They work hard to add and update content, links, APIs, and actively maintain this fine resource; refreshing and reflecting the relevant and current state of HTML5.
4. Free JQuery Book PDF Download
jquery.com is the official website.
Free PDF Book jQuery Succinctly
This is another free eBook, published by syncfusion.com. In this e-book, you can learn intermediate and advanced jQuery development.
In this PDF book you will learn about core jQuery, selecting elements, HTML forms, events, plugin, Ajax and much more.
You will have to provide your email and name to download this free ebook.
5. Free Bootstrap Books PDF Download
Bootstrap 4 Quick Start Book: Responsive Web Design and Development Basics for Beginners.
Get This Book Now for only $7.99
Bootstrap was developed by Mark Otto when he was working for Twitter.com. The first version was released in 2011 and now it is the most popular CSS framework to create responsive websites.
Free Twitter Bootstrap 3 books PDF
6. Meta Valuables, A WordPress Development E-Book
WordPress is no doubt most popular CMS. Learning WordPress development can be difficult as a beginner. Meta valuables is a free e-book that will help you to develop new skills, techniques and be a better WordPress developer.
Meta valuable is a 45-page e-book that takes a revealing look into the world of WordPress meta data. You will find lessons with a lot of code samples and quick tips. With these, lessons you will learn to develop more dynamics templates in no time.
7. Master Sass Syllabus Read online
If you want to improve your CSS workflow, Sass can help you. You can start learning Sass free. Paul Scrivens has published a complete guide Master Sass, You will learn about Sass and SCSS Syntax, variables, Mixins, Function Directives and other features of Sass.
I created this course so that there is no more fear about learning something new. If you are learning CSS or are already a CSS expert that doesn’t use Sass, then go through this course to see the benefits that it can provide. Paul Scrivens
8. Mobile and Multi device design : Lesson Learned Read now
Lukew Wroblewski is an internationally recognized digital product leader. He is currently a Product Director at Google. Mobile and Multi-Device Design: Lessons Learned book compiles the articles he published over the past two years about Polar’s (acquired by Google) mobile and multi-device design decisions.
What you can download
- A beautiful iBook complete with hidden treats and awesome videos.
- A PDF of the same content and layout but without the slick UI and videos.
- You can also read The original Web pages published on Lukew’s blog from 2012-2014.
9. The Smashing Editor’s Choice: Download Free eBook
SmashingMagazine is a very popular website for web designers and developers. They publish high-quality articles, tutorials, and e-books.
The Smashing Editor’s Choice is a free eBook that contains a wide range of topics, including new coding techniques, user experience strategies, responsive design and mobile solutions by some incredibly prolific and knowledgeable authors. Well-known names such as Lea Verou, Christian Heilmann and Dmitry Fadeyev have contributed fascinating chapters on various subjects.
An email registration is required to download this free eBook.
10. Web Designers Success Guide Download Book
Web Designer’s Success Guide is the definitive guide to starting your own freelance Web design business. In this book Kevin Airgid gives designers step-by-step instructions on how to achieve the following:
- Transition from full-time to self-employment
- Freelance on the side to make additional income
- Find new clients and keep them coming back for more
- Market your freelance business
- Manage your projects professionally
- Price your services appropriately
Please note I wrote this book in 2006, much of the technical information is out of date. The information about general freelancing is still useful. enjoy this book please consider making a donation to WWF Canada.
You can download this free eBook without any registration or email confirmation.
Pinterest, Spotify, Uber, Instagram, Dropbox, Flipboard, Mailbox, Yelp – they all use mobile UI design patterns explained in this e-book.
carefully picked 46 mobile UI design patterns, over 100 pages
concise and pragmatic: illustrated example, user problem, and design solution.
An email registration is required to download this eBook
10 other free eBooks by UXPIN
Knowledge Wants To Be Free: That’s Why uxpin is Giving Away As Much Of It As they Can. 11 free e-books are available for download.
here is a list of other books by uxpin.
- Web UI Design Best Practices
- User Testing and Design – Improving Yelp’s Website
- The Guide to UX Design Process & Documentation
- The Guide to Minimum Viable Products
- Web UI Design Patterns 2014
- The Guide to Wireframing
- Mobile Book of Trends 2014
- The User Experience Guide Book For Product Managers
- Web Design Book of Trends
- UX Design for Startups
Visit http://uxpin.com/knowledge.html to download your favorite book.
Contracts for Graphic Designers and Software Developers
CrowdSpring offers 2 free ebooks for graphic designer and software developers to understand and protect their rights. No email registration is required to download these PDF books.
If you are a designer and love creating original work that is protected by copyright, then this eBook is for you.
Contracts For Designers Who Hate Contracts is a quick, 20-page read and CrowdSpring have shared a template agreement that you can modify for your own use.
You can download this PDF book quickly, email registration is not required to download this free eBook.
This is another free e-book by crowdSPRING for a software developer who creates original work that is protected by copyright. This book will help you to understand and protect your rights if you are a software developer.
This book is Written by Marijn Haverbeke. Licensed under a Creative Commons attribution non-commercial license. All code in this book may also be considered licensed under an MIT license.
This is the second edition of this book by Kraig Brockschmidt. If you want to develop apps for Windows Store, then this is the perfect book for you.
You can read more details about this book at MSDN blog post. You can download PDF, EPUB or Mobi for Kindle file.
17 More free books from Microsoft Press
There are many other books are also available for free download at Microsoft virtual academy. You can download books about Windows, Windows Server, Windows Azure, App Development and Microsoft System center.
Title of other free eBooks
- Creating Mobile Apps with Xamarin.Forms, Preview Edition
- Introducing Windows Server 2012 R2
- Building Cloud Apps with Microsoft Azure
- Introducing Microsoft Azure HDInsight
- Introducing Windows Azure for IT Professionals
- Rethinking Enterprise Storage: A Hybrid Cloud Model
- Introducing Windows 8.1 for IT Professionals
- Creating Mobile Apps with Xamarin.Forms, Preview Edition
- .NET Technology Guide for Business Applications
- Microsoft System Center: Integrated Cloud Platform
- Microsoft System Center: Network Virtualization and Cloud Computing
- Microsoft System Center: Building a Virtualized Network SolutionIntroducing Microsoft System Center 2012 R2
- Microsoft System Center: Designing Orchestrator Runbooks
- Microsoft System Center: Configuration Manager Field Experience
- Microsoft System Center: Cloud Management with App ControllerMicrosoft System Center: Troubleshooting Configuration Manager
- Microsoft System Center: Optimizing Service Manager
- Introducing Microsoft SQL Server 2014
You can download all books from http://www.microsoftvirtualacademy.com/ebooks
10 Free web design and web development eBooks from SitePoint
SitePoint.com is one of the most popular websites to learn web design and development. They publish high-quality articles, books, and video courses.
SitePoint Premium $25 off: use this link to join SitePoint premium and get a cool $25 off your SitePoint Premium annual membership.
SitePoint Premium is offering 10 free PDF books to learn web design and web development. Here is a list of 10 free e-books.
- Build Mobile Websites and Apps for Smart Devices
- CSS Master
- HTML5 & CSS3 for the Real World: 2nd Edition
- Jump Start HTML5
- Outsourcing Web Projects
- PHP Master: Write Cutting-edge Code
- The Principles of Beautiful Web Design, 3rd Edition
- The WordPress Anthology.
You can Download 10 Free WebDesign Ebooks at sitepoint.com
That’s all for this list. I hope, you will learn to create awesome websites, plugins, and themes after reading these free books.
If you know about any other free theme, share your favorite book with us. Add your comments below.