In Jan 2016, WeAreSocial published a comprehensive study of digital, social and mobile usage around the world. This report reveals some awesome stats.
The key statistics for digital, social, and mobile media in 2016 are:
- 3.42 billion internet users, equaling 46% global penetration;
- 2.31 billion social media users, delivering 31% global penetration;
- 3.79 billion unique mobile users, representing 51% global penetration;
- 1.97 billion mobile social media users, equating to 27% global penetration
It’s amazing to see how fast the numbers have been growing since 2015.
- The number of reported internet users is up by 10%, growing by 332 million;
- The number of reported social media is up by 10%, an increase of 219 million;
- Unique mobile users increased by 4% thanks to 141 million new users;
- Mobile social media users leaped 17%, adding 283 million new users.
In 2015, Apple’s Safari browser had 38.9% share of mobile web, 30.9% global mobile web page requests were from Android webkit browsers and 30.2% people were using other platform browsers.
How to make your blog mobile friendly
There are so many free and premium WordPress plugins to create mobile friendly versions of your website.
WP Mobile Detector is a premium and very popular WordPress plugin, which allows you to create fully responsive and mobile friendly WordPress websites and blogs.
WP Mobile Detector
This is one of the most popular and best mobile plugin for WordPress websites. It serves over 20,000,000 mobile pages per month and more than 300,000 satisfied customers are already using this powerful and popular plugin.
If you have a blog/website, some of the traffic is bound to be coming from mobile devices. And the number of visits coming from those devices (like mobile phones, smartphones, ipads, and tablets) is just going to keep increasing.
So, It is very important to optimize your website for mobile devices. Responsive and mobile friendly websites attract more visitors and google also loves mobile friendly websites.
Websitez.com’s WP Mobile Detector plugin is the fastest and easiest way to mobilize your WordPress website.
In fact, if you know how to install a WordPress plugin, you have all the technical skills necessary to make your site look great to people visiting from their mobile devices!
WP Mobile Detector Features
- Interactive Theme Editor
- 12 Mobile Themes Included
- Mobile Ads
- Works on 5,000+ Devices
- Automatic Detection
- Device Differentiation
- Automatic Formatting
- Advanced Mobile Statistics
- Widget support
- Cross-platform compatibility
- Show desktop or mobile theme to tablets
- Touch-optimized mobile themes
- HTML 5 compliant
- 5/5 for mobile readiness (Ready.mobi)
- Multilingual support
- Utilizes the Websitez mobile framework
- Themes for blogs and corporate websites
WP Mobile Detector offers three different plans for bloggers ($50), small business ($130), developers and agencies ($250 one-time fee).
If you want to install WP Mobile Detector on a single website, You can pay $50 one-time fee, small business plan ($130 one-time fee) allows you to create 5 mobile friendly websites.
Developers and agencies can pay $250 one-time fee for WP Mobile Detector, which allows you to create unlimited mobile friendly WordPress websites and blogs.
We have already published an in-depth article about 34 WordPress mobile site plugins.